Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Seattle University Quadstock, The Lashes



I recently wrote an article for Seattle University's campus paper, The Spectator, for a feature spread previewing one of our largest campus events, Quadstock. My article focused on one bad that will be performing this year: The Lashes. As I sat down to interview the band's lead singer Ben, it came to my attention that few bands are willing to advertise themselves as a pop band. The Lashes openly announce that they belong in this genre. What's more, they promote dancing and want their fans to have a good time at their shows. I fond this refreshing. So many shows are dense with performing musicians that take themselves too seriously, when they should be about having a good time. Life is to short to not want to smile, dance around and sing along to pop music once in awhile. The Lashes should put on a great show that will allow SU students to relax and have a good time. Plus their music is great to dance to! Check them out and come have a good time at Quadstock!

The Lashes on purevolume

The Lashes Myspace


My article on the lashes!

Here's a video of the Lashes at Sonic Boom Records in Seattle

No comments: