Friday, May 11, 2007

Bayside's Walking Wounded


Although this record was released back in February, it is excellent and if you haven't heard it you had better check it out. After experiencing a terrible tragedy in their band, losing one member in a terrible car crash, Bayside put out an uplifting and inspirational album that celebrated life.
The opening track, "Walking Wounded" is as unique as it is energizing. In the least, this tune will get you excited about life's challenges. At the most, it could guide you through struggles. I love Vinny Caruana's guest vocal as he cries out "Scientists they, couldn't fix me I'm so tired of getting out of bed!"
The track "Dear your Holiness" is an interesting venture into spirituality and a higher power. I find it thoughtful and relatable.
Another one of my favorite tracks is "Landing feet first." While it is slower with a romantic theme, this song still boasts the excellent lyricism that Bayside is known for.

Definately give this record a listen at

Bayside's website

or MySpace page

Bayside will be on Warper Tour this summer. I know I'm looking forward to hearing these songs live!

Watch Bayside on the Conan O'Brien Show, Feb 27:

No comments: