Sunday, May 20, 2007

Quadstock's a letdown, but Macklemore shines


Well, to say the least I was very disappointed with my first Quadstock experience. For one there was not many people there. I had expected to see all of my friends gathered together enjoying the music, but most of them had too much to drink before the show and didn't make it out. The opening acts were disappointing too. While Party! At the Vatican's set was alright, the lead singer of The Passenger got ill so their guitarist played an acoustic set instead. While he did the best he could in a poor situation, the set really brought down the mood of the whole event. I was terribly bored.
The Macklemore took the stage. I have to say that was quite a contrast right there, going from one performer who couldn't keep the crowd's attention to another who owned it. He was on point, enigmatic and flowed very nicely. And the crowd really appreciated it, getting into the music more than any of the previous acts. So well done. Thanks to you I actually had fun at Quadstock, for a moment.

No comments: