Sunday, May 27, 2007

Moneta with A Chance Without

Friday night I stopped by the Showbox to see Moneta and caught opening act A Chance Without before hand. I have to say, I was pretty disappointed. A Chance Without is a band who has seen multiple member changes but has been playing around Seattle for over three years now. Those years of experience didn't show. While one guitarist, who resembled side show bob, stood out for his awesome skills and energy, the music itself was unpolished and sloppy. It was hard punk meets whiny emo vocals and I just could not appreciate it. The drummer also had some skill, but overall I found myself watching the set and wondering, what have they been doing over the years? Are there that many new members?
Nonetheless give them a listen and decide for yourself. If you like it Check out the band on
June 8 at Studio Seven or June 9 at Kirkland Teen Center

A Chance Without Myspace page
Moneta Myspace page

Here's a video of A Chance Without live at The Showbox in January.

No comments: