Sunday, April 8, 2007

Too Slim and the Taildraggers

I apologize to readers for not posting this sooner, the hectic Easter weekend has kept me busy. Nonetheless I wanted to write about a weekend show I saw, Too Slim and the Taildraggers at the Triple Door.
First of all, this was my first visit to the Triple Door, and it was an awesome venue. Great ambiance, great drinks and great food. Upscale, but still a rockin good time with cheering and even a little dancing.
I have to say though, it might not have been the best space to see Too Slim, especially since it was my first sight of the blues band. My companions at the show had seen the band in some "more casual" bars and said it was a completely different experience. nonetheless I look forward to my next trip to the Triple Door, a great outing for a classy evening.
As for Too Slim, I was impressed. I am not a blues aficionado by any means, but I had a good time rocking out to songs like "She gives me money" and "The fortune teller". It was good, casual music that got people dancing and laughing. If you go to one of the shows and give the music a chance, you cannot help but have a great time. I also really appreciated Too Slims collaborations with Henry Cooper, where they really jammed and some great sounds came out as a result. The drummer was clearly talented, playing with one hand when he needed to move his mike around and the base player was very amusing to watch as he rocked his head and shook his head to the beat.

give it a listen and tell me what you think.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=27507507

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Slim Rocks! Nice article I liked it. I'm suprised you remembered that much. haha You should check out this one band...They had this really hot blond manager...I think it was Round...oh! ROUNDABOUT!

Rose said...

Sorry I have not responded to your comment sooner, I am still becoming more familiar with the blogging process. Yeah Roundabout was awesome. You should check out the band Moneta, which includes most of their old members.

Rose said...

Here is moeta's website: www.monetarock.com and their myspace www.myspace.com/moneta.