Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Aaron Gillespie side project


I love Underoath, and now Aaron Gillespie has stepped out from behind the drums and given birth to The Almost, a lighter side project that I can't get enough of.
Although some choruses are super melodic and might seem to lean towards pop-punk, the versus are dark and intriguing. After the fist time I listened to "Say this Sooner" I was hooked, blasting it over and over in my apartment (likely to the dismay of my neighbors).
The mellower hits, like "Amazing because It Is" give the listener a look into Gillespie's internal, spiritual struggles- who can't relate to that?

Of course Gillespie's vocals keep the music realistic, blending an all encompassing melody with raw emotion, one of the characteristics I love the most about Underoath.



Check it out!
The record Southern Weather is out now

or hear it here:

The Almost MySpace page

No comments: