Saturday, April 7, 2007

Amber Pacific and genres


I am sure that when many read this first posting they might dismiss this blog entirely because it is about a - gasp - pop-punk band! So I guess this post is for those who are not adamantly apposed to pop-punk as a genre. I myself do not recommend opposing or claiming to dislike any entire genre of music. You could be surprised what will come out of exploring different styles with an open mind.
Any how, for those who can appreciate feel good, energizing music when they are in the mood to listen to it, this morning (or afternoon?) I would like to recommend a quick listen to Amber Pacific. A pop punk band from Federal Way, WA who, to my knowledge, has never tried to confirm to any genre but instead write the music that stirs true within them. It has come out as true pop-punk, but good pop-punk, in my opinion. What do you think? let me know. I have enjoyed listening to their last record, "The Possibility and the Promise" lately as the sun has began to shine. They also have a new record coming out May 22.
Check out their music at their MySpace page: http://myspace.com/amberpacific

I recommend older songs "Save Me For Me" and "Poetically Pathetic".
New track, "Fall Back into my Life" is very polished, with nice guitar lines, and vocals, despite what some might call, very "emo" lyrics I enjoy it when I'm in the mood for an uplifting, feel good tune.

What do you think?

Who do you recommend?

No comments: